The Isle of Wight branch of the Multiple Sclerosis society will endeavor
to help with the cost of transport for all people diagnose with multiple
sclerosis. Transport arrangements will be in line with following terms
These are defined as travel for people diagnose with MS and requiring
transport to and from any medical or respite appointment.
These are transport to events approved by the committee. For example socials
or therapy appointments
A person who would experience difficulty transferring from their wheelchair.
1. All transport costs will be considered by the committee member responsible
for transport. Each request for assistance will be considered individually.
2. If costs of transport is approved, then applicant will make their own
arrangements with the transport supplier.
3. No transport can be paid for unless approved. Payment cannot be claimed
4. Qualifying journeys will be paid for on accounts with approved companies.
5. Persons who demonstrate a need will qualify to have Optio annual subscription
paid for by the branch.
6. Optio journeys will then be arranged and booked by each individual
and paid for by them.
7. Wheelchair dependant members have full taxi fares paid for essential
and qualifying travel.
Qualifying persons will have their Optio subscription paid for by the
branch. Each person would be responsible for booking and paying for Optio
trips. Each trip would be under the terms and conditions of 'Optio'. Carers
need not be members of the Optio scheme and will be carried free of charge.
Optio may change their terms and conditions at any time.
When and if Optio are unable to accommodate members then for essential
journeys, we pay for taxi.
The committee reserve the right to alter the terms and conditions at any
time. They may withdraw the Transport Policy at any time. Decisions made
about any subsidized travel are entirely at the discretion of the committee.